[I] Another lyrics quiz
Daibhid Ceanaideach
2006-05-04 20:18:07 UTC
1a. I hope I'm old before I die.

1b. I hope I die before I get old.

2a. I forget your name.

2b. Remember my name.

3a. Do you promise not to tell?

3b. Let me tell you that I love you.

4a. I wish today could be tomorrow.

4b. I wish today was just like every other day.

5a. Never let me go.

5b. We will not let you go.
--
Dave
Official Absentee of EU Skiffeysoc
Penguin edition of Little Dorrit." -Joss Whedon
Diane L
2006-05-04 21:07:45 UTC
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
1a. I hope I'm old before I die.
'Old before I die', Robbie Williams.
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
1b. I hope I die before I get old.
'My generation'. The Who.
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
2a. I forget your name.
2b. Remember my name.
'Fame', Irene Cara.
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
3a. Do you promise not to tell?
'Do you want to know a secret?', The Beatles.
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
3b. Let me tell you that I love you.
4a. I wish today could be tomorrow.
4b. I wish today was just like every other day.
5a. Never let me go.
5b. We will not let you go.
Bismillah! No!

'Bohemian Rhapsody', Queen.

Diane L.
Daibhid Ceanaideach
2006-05-04 21:12:39 UTC
Post by Diane L
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
1a. I hope I'm old before I die.
'Old before I die', Robbie Williams.
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
1b. I hope I die before I get old.
'My generation'. The Who.
Both right.
Post by Diane L
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
2a. I forget your name.
2b. Remember my name.
'Fame', Irene Cara.
Yep.
Post by Diane L
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
3b. Let me tell you that I love you.
4a. I wish today could be tomorrow.
4b. I wish today was just like every other day.
5a. Never let me go.
5b. We will not let you go.
Bismillah! No!
'Bohemian Rhapsody', Queen.
Yep.

5/10.
Ssirienna
2006-05-04 21:33:22 UTC
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
1a. I hope I'm old before I die.
Robbie Williams "Old before I die"
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
1b. I hope I die before I get old.
The Who "My Generation" (original and still the best!!)
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
2a. I forget your name.
2b. Remember my name.
3a. Do you promise not to tell?
The Beatles "Do you want to know a secret?"
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
3b. Let me tell you that I love you.
4a. I wish today could be tomorrow.
4b. I wish today was just like every other day.
5a. Never let me go.
5b. We will not let you go.
*sigh*

Queen "Bohemian Rhapsody"

Well that's me out :-)

Ssirienna
Bruce Probst
2006-05-04 22:05:38 UTC
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
2a. I forget your name.
Ooh! Ooh! Mr Kottah! Mr Kottah!

The Beautiful South, "Song For Whoever".

Oh Shirley, Oh Deborah, Oh Julie, Oh Jane
I wrote so many songs about you
I forget your name (I forget your name)
Jennifer, Alison, Phillipa, Sue, Deborah, Annabel, too
I forget your name
Jennifer, Alison, Phillipa, Sue, Deborah, Annabel, too
I forget your name

Bruce
Melbourne, Australia
Daibhid Ceanaideach
Brian Wakeling
2006-05-04 22:37:44 UTC
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
1a. I hope I'm old before I die.
Robbie Williams - Old Before I Die
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
1b. I hope I die before I get old.
Rolling Stones
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
2a. I forget your name.
2b. Remember my name.
Fame?
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
3a. Do you promise not to tell?
3b. Let me tell you that I love you.
4a. I wish today could be tomorrow.
4b. I wish today was just like every other day.
5a. Never let me go.
5b. We will not let you go.
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
--
http://freespace.virgin.net/b.wakeling/index.html
http://www.livejournal.com/users/sabremeister/
- William S Burroughs
Jens Ayton
2006-05-05 11:38:23 UTC
Post by Brian Wakeling
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
1b. I hope I die before I get old.
Rolling Stones
Did the Strolling Bones cover that? How ironic.
--
\\\\ Jens Ayton, Fratello di Vetinari 36.3636363636364% insane
\\\\\__, Bringing sarcastic one-liners to the common hedgehog since 1999
\\\\\`/
Brian Wakeling
2006-05-05 18:07:24 UTC
Post by Jens Ayton
Post by Brian Wakeling
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
1b. I hope I die before I get old.
Rolling Stones
Did the Strolling Bones cover that? How ironic.
I thought they did the original and Robbie Williams did the cover?
--
http://freespace.virgin.net/b.wakeling/index.html
http://www.livejournal.com/users/sabremeister/
Use b dot wakeling at virgin dot net to reply
"Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the
hell happened."
Brian Wakeling
2006-05-05 18:08:06 UTC
Post by Jens Ayton
Post by Brian Wakeling
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
1b. I hope I die before I get old.
Rolling Stones
Did the Strolling Bones cover that? How ironic.
I though the Stones did the original and Oasis did the cover?
--
http://freespace.virgin.net/b.wakeling/index.html
http://www.livejournal.com/users/sabremeister/
Use b dot wakeling at virgin dot net to reply
"Reading is sometimes an ingenious device for avoiding thought."
- Sir Arthur Helps
Daibhid Ceanaideach
2006-05-05 18:24:30 UTC
Post by Brian Wakeling
Post by Jens Ayton
Post by Brian Wakeling
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
1b. I hope I die before I get old.
Rolling Stones
Did the Strolling Bones cover that? How ironic.
I though the Stones did the original and Oasis did the
cover?
Nope, The Who did the original[1].

[1] "I don't know, I thought it was the Stones."
"No, it was The Who."
"If it wasn't the Stones then I don't know. You tell me."
"I'm telling you, it was The Who!"
"And I'm telling you I don't know!"
etc.
Brian Wakeling
2006-05-05 19:11:26 UTC
Post by Brian Wakeling
Post by Jens Ayton
Post by Brian Wakeling
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
1b. I hope I die before I get old.
Rolling Stones
Did the Strolling Bones cover that? How ironic.
I though the Stones did the original and Oasis did the
cover?
Nope, The Who did the original[1].
[1] "I don't know, I thought it was the Stones."
"No, it was The Who."
"If it wasn't the Stones then I don't know. You tell me."
"I'm telling you, it was The Who!"
"And I'm telling you I don't know!"
etc.
Ah. Right. I'm always doing that.
--
http://freespace.virgin.net/b.wakeling/index.html
http://www.livejournal.com/users/sabremeister/
Use b dot wakeling at virgin dot net to reply
Sign in a shop:
"Credit will only be granted to people over 80
If accompanied by both parents"
Hendrik Schober
2006-05-06 14:56:05 UTC
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
[...]
Nope, The Who did the original[1].
[1] "I don't know, I thought it was the Stones."
"No, it was The Who."
"If it wasn't the Stones then I don't know. You tell me."
"I'm telling you, it was The Who!"
"And I'm telling you I don't know!"
etc.
Shamelessly copy-pasting something here, that was circulated
when a guy named Hu became the leader of China.
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
George B.: Condi! Nice to see you. What's happening?
Condoleeza R.: Sir, I have the report here about the new leader of China.
George B.: Great. Lay it on me.
Condoleeza R.: Hu is the new leader of China.
George B.: That's what I want to know.
Condoleeza R.: That's what I'm telling you.
George B.: That's what I'm asking you. Who is the new leader of China?
Condoleeza R.: Yes.
George B.: I mean the fellow's name.
Condoleeza R.: Hu.
George B.: The guy in China.
Condoleeza R.: Hu.
George B.: The new leader of China.
Condoleeza R.: Hu.
George B.: The Chinaman!
Condoleeza R.: Hu is leading China.
George B.: Now whaddya' asking me for?
Condoleeza R.: I'm telling you Hu is leading China.
George B.: Well, I'm asking you. Who is leading China?
Condoleeza R.: That's the man's name.
George B.: That's who's name?
Condoleeza R.: Yes.
George B.: Will you or will you not tell me the name of the new leader of China?
Condoleeza R.: Yes, sir.
George B.: Yassir? Yassir Arafat is in China? I thought he was in the Middle East.
Condoleeza R.: That's correct.
George B.: Then who is in China?
Condoleeza R.: Yes, sir.
George B.: Yassir is in China?
Condoleeza R.: No, sir.
George B.: Then who is?
Condoleeza R.: Yes, sir.
George B.: Yassir?
Condoleeza R.: No, sir.
George B.: Look, Condi. I need to know the name of the new leader of China. Get
me the Secretary General of the U.N. on the phone.
Condoleeza R.: Kofi?
George B.: No, thanks.
Condoleeza R.: You want Kofi?
George B.: No.
Condoleeza R.: You don't want Kofi.
George B.: No. But now that you mention it, I could use a glass of milk. And then
get me the U.N.
Condoleeza R.: Yes, sir.
George B.: Not Yassir! The guy at the U.N.
Condoleeza R.: Kofi?
George B.: Milk! Will you please make the call?
Condoleeza R.: And call who?
George B.: Who is the guy at the U.N?
Condoleeza R.: Hu is the guy in China.
George B.: Will you stay out of China?!
Condoleeza R.: Yes, sir.
George B.: And stay out of the Middle East! Just get me the guy at the U.N.
Condoleeza R.: Kofi.
George B.: All right! With cream and two sugars. Now get on the phone.
(Condi picks up the phone.)
Condoleeza R.: Rice, here.
George B.: Rice? Good idea. And a couple of egg rolls, too. Maybe we should send
some to the guy in China. And the Middle East.
(I don't knwo whom to attribute that to. It might have been a
German as I got it from a German newsgroup and I am not sure
whether native English speaker pronounce "Hu" similar to "Who".)

Sorry,

Schobi
--
***@gmx.de is never read
I'm Schobi at suespammers dot org

"The sarcasm is mightier than the sword."
Eric Jarvis
Daibhid Ceanaideach
2006-05-05 11:46:20 UTC
Post by Brian Wakeling
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
1b. I hope I die before I get old.
Rolling Stones
Not to my knowledge, although I suppose it's possible.
Post by Brian Wakeling
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
2a. I forget your name.
2b. Remember my name.
Fame?
Yes.
CCA
2006-05-04 22:47:07 UTC
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
1a. I hope I'm old before I die.
Robbie Williams, 'Old Before I Die'
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
1b. I hope I die before I get old.
'My Generation' The Who
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
2b. Remember my name.
'Fame' Irene Cara
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
3a. Do you promise not to tell?
Er...it goes 'Listen, do you want to know a secret' and it's by The Beatles,
but I don't know the proper name of it...
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
4a. I wish today could be tomorrow.
'Days' Kirsy MacColl

CCA
Eric Jarvis
2006-05-04 23:12:02 UTC
Post by CCA
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
4a. I wish today could be tomorrow.
'Days' Kirsy MacColl
By Ray Davies, it was originally a Kinks song.
--
eric
www.ericjarvis.co.uk
"live fast, die only if strictly necessary"
g***@tpg.com.au
2006-05-05 11:31:43 UTC
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
5a. Never let me go.
...don't let me go!
No, never let me go -
Don't let me go!
Daibhid Ceanaideach
2006-05-05 11:48:59 UTC
On 4 May 2006 20:18:07 GMT, Daibhid Ceanaideach
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
5a. Never let me go.
...don't let me go!
No, never let me go -
Don't let me go!
Not the one I was thinking of, and a quick google confirms
that, once again, there are half a dozen songs with this
lyric.
Lister
2006-05-05 13:29:56 UTC
On 4 May 2006 20:18:07 GMT, Daibhid Ceanaideach
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
3b. Let me tell you that I love you.
Caledonia, by Dougie Stewart (I think that's his name)
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
5b. We will not let you go.
Obvious Queen one

Sadly, that's the best I can do
Daibhid Ceanaideach
2006-05-05 13:30:48 UTC
On 4 May 2006 20:18:07 GMT, Daibhid Ceanaideach
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
3b. Let me tell you that I love you.
Caledonia, by Dougie Stewart (I think that's his name)
It's not, but you've got the right song.
Lister
2006-05-05 14:59:30 UTC
On 5 May 2006 13:30:48 GMT, Daibhid Ceanaideach
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
On 4 May 2006 20:18:07 GMT, Daibhid Ceanaideach
Post by Daibhid Ceanaideach
3b. Let me tell you that I love you.
Caledonia, by Dougie Stewart (I think that's his name)
It's not, but you've got the right song.
Dougie Mclean, that's who I mean